Internship Opportunity – Website Design and Digital Communications Intern
– Knowledgeable about content management systems
– Passionate about supporting not-for-profit organizations
– Skilled in website design and development
– A team-player with a positive attitude and commitment to working cooperatively with others
This internship position with the Ontario Farmland Trust might be for you!
The intern will work with OFT’s Executive Director and staff. Job duties will include:
Website Design (50%)
– Assist with scoping and implementing a new website platform
– Upgrade and update the website for our organization to a mobile friendly version
– Create engaging visual content for the website
– Analyze and improve our organization’s online presence
– Train staff to use the new web platform
Digital Communications and IT Support (25%)
– Work with staff to improve reporting features in our contact management database
– Assist with video editing
– Assist with streamlining and integrating our communications systems
Online Conference Event (25%)
– Research and work with staff to determine how best to host an online conferencing event (Farmland Forum)
– Draft plan and recommendations for hosting the event online
– Assist with running the online event
Required Skills & Attributes
– Career interests and post-secondary studies in information technology, computer science, web development, or a related discipline
– Working knowledge in Content Management Systems, notably WordPress
– Proficiency in using HTML/CSS, and various web-hosting platforms
– Good understanding on the protection of online safety and identity privacy
– Strong written and visual content creation skills
– Video editing skills
– Motivated and able to work productively from home
– Must have an adequate work from home office space that is ergonomically correct
– Team-player with a positive attitude and commitment to working cooperatively with others
– A sense of humour
Additional Information: We have a small staff complement of three full time staff. The intern will have a high level of responsibility and accountability right from the start. We pride ourselves in having a culture that facilitates communication, creativity, and professional development. We work with our interns to ensure they are gaining experience relevant to their future career goals.
Staff have been working primarily from home. It is important that the intern be able to work productively from home, with regular check-ins.
This position is funded by the Digital Skills for Youth program, which requires the candidate to be:
– A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
– Unemployed, underemployed or hold part-time employment.
Details: $23 hourly wage, 30 hours per week from November 2, 2020 – March 31, 2021. The weekly schedule may vary, but will generally be Monday through Thursday.
To Apply: Please forward your cover letter, resume, and references (in one document) via e-mail to email@example.com by Monday October 19, 2020, 12pm EST. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Download a copy of the job description here.