This 97-acre property is located in the northern part of the Town of Caledon, north of the village of Belfountain. A working farm since the 19th century, the property also contains twenty-two acres of mature hardwood forest as well as Provincial Significant Wetlands. More.
This 141-acre property is located just south of the Town of Goderich, within the Municipality of Central Huron. A working farm for over 60 years, the property also contains about twenty acres of hardwood forest and ponds. More.
This 150-acre property has 2 farms and is located in the Township of Adjala-Tosorontio and was protected in partnership with the Oak Ridges Moraine Land Trust. This farm has been in the family since 1832 and has been important to the family’s livelihood. More.
The protection of this 50-acre farm north Milton of was made possible by the dedication and generosity of the late Mr. Alan Samuel and his wife, the late Valerie Stevens, as well as their children. Farming the property organically since the 1970s, Mr. Samuel hoped that he would provide an example of local food production and land management that respected the ecological integrity of the landscape. More.
The property is 100 acres and is now protected forever under a land conservation easement. After seeing the protection of their neighbour’s property, Belain Farm, Lorna Bethell sought after the protection of her own property soon after. Tarquinnie Ridge was successfully protected under a land conservation easement in 2013. More.
A collection of over 300 acres of prime farmland that was once designated as the North Simcoe Landfill (Site 41), are now protected forever under a land conservation easement. The success of this project was due to a ground-breaking agreement between the County of Simcoe and OFT. More.
The easement agreement on this 92-acre property of land at the Ignatius Jesuit Centre is the first of its kind in Canada that sees a Catholic Order partnering with a land trust to make a commitment to permanent land protection. More.