OFT is Hiring an Intern
The Ontario Farmland Trust (OFT) is growing its farmland protection program across Ontario and we are looking for a Farmland Protection Program Assistant to support this work.
The Farmland Protection Program Assistant will work closely with OFT’s Manager, Strategic Programs and Policy, Board members, and volunteers. Job duties will include:
– assisting in identifying key farmlands for protection in communities in Ontario using a farmland protection assessment tool
– attending site visits to assess potential farmland protection sites
– developing environmental stewardship recommendations and recommendations on sustainable farmland management practices for protected sites
– coordinating meetings and updates with Ontario Farmland Trust’s volunteer Land Preservation and Stewardship Committee
– supporting policy research and analysis that is relevant to farmland protection
This position is funded by the Agricultural Youth Green Jobs Initiative – Green Internships Stream.