The purpose of this committee spans both land stewardship and securement programs within the Vision and Mission of the Ontario Farmland Trust (OFT) as follows:
- To develop and recommend policies, programs, priorities and actions for land securement and landowner contact, to review and evaluate projects and results in relation to budgets and targets and to contribute volunteer talent, expertise and time to support land securement initiatives.
- To develop and recommend policies, programs, priorities and actions for land stewardship and annual monitoring, to review and evaluate projects and results in relation to budgets and targets and to contribute volunteer talent, expertise and time to carry out land stewardship initiatives.
• Maintain purpose that aligns with the OFT’s mission, vision and current strategic plan;
• Consult with the Executive Director and other assigned staff/consultants;
• Maintain and update an ongoing longer term (3 to 5 year) program outlook for OFT;
• Are expected to hold minimum 6 meetings per year prior to OFT Board meetings;
• Ensure that securement and stewardship activities are balanced throughout the calendar year;
• Monitor sites, implement visits and prepare reports on the stewardship status of protected properties;
• Develop and maintain strong landowner relations;
• Provide monthly committee updates including prospective projects to the Executive and Board;
• Familiarity with agricultural issues in Ontario, land use planning, and/or farmland stewardship;
• Experience in customer service, land appraisal, land easements, and/or real estate law/policies;
• Experience in development and writing memos and agreements;
• Have a background, experience and/or education in finance and/or agri-business or other related fields;
If you are interested in joining the Policy & Education Committee, please contact us!