Are you passionate about supporting the protection of farmland in Ontario? Consider joining the dedicated team of volunteer Board members at the Ontario Farmland Trust (OFT). OFT is a registered charity and part of the Ontario Land Trust Alliance.
The Ontario Farmland Trust’s Board of Directors is responsible for effective governance, fiduciary care, and management of the organization. The Board sets priorities and direction for organizational and program development and guides and oversees the work of the organization, carried out by the Executive Director, part-time staff, and volunteers.
• Be committed to the mission and work of the Ontario Farmland Trust;
• Promote and support the OFT’s programs and services;
• Participate in events and support fundraising activities;
• Set priorities and direction for organizational and program development;
• Commit to a 3-year term, contributing 4-8 hours per month;
• Serve on at least one committee. Committees include the Fundraising Committee, the Policy &
Education Committee, and the Land Securement & Stewardship Committee;
The Ontario Farmland Trust would benefit from new Board members with qualifications, skills, and experience in the following areas:
• Fundraising and campaign development;
• Farm business management, business planning and development;
• Communications, marketing and media relations;
• Organizational policy development and non-profit governance;
• Financial management and accounting;
• Real estate law, and familiarity with land securement tools and processes;
The Ontario Farmland Trust is currently accepting expressions of interest for our volunteer Board of Directors.
Contact us to learn more about our Board member nomination process, or to express interest in joining the Ontario Farmland Trust Board of Directors.