The purpose of this committee is to develop, recommend, promote and help implement education programs, farmland policies, research and outreach activities to support and build awareness of the need to protect and sustain Ontario farmlands and foodlands. To promote broad awareness for the work of the Ontario Farmland Trust (“OFT” or the “Trust”) and provide support for its communications.
• Maintain purpose that aligns with the OFT’s mission, vision and current strategic plan;
• Consult with the Executive Director and other assigned staff/consultants;
• Maintain and update an ongoing longer term (3 to 5 year) program outlook for OFT;
• Are expected to hold minimum 6 meetings per year prior to OFT Board meetings;
• Attend policy meetings and other events relevant to the purpose of this committee across the Province;
• Provide monthly committee updates to the Executive and Board;
• Recommend actions for Board approval;
• Familiarity with agricultural issues in Ontario, land use planning, and/or farmland stewardship;
• Have experience with research and/or development of agricultural related policies;
• Have background or experience in developing communications, marketing, and outreach materials;
If you are interested in joining the Policy & Education Committee, please contact us!