The purpose of this committee is to develop, recommend and implement fundraising strategies, projects and actions in support of all program areas of the Ontario Farmland Trust (“OFT” or the “Trust”). Additionally, the finance and fundraising committee also work to guide, recommend and support annual budget preparation, financial management, accounting practices, investment activities, and financial reporting for the Trust.
• Maintain purpose that aligns with the OFT’s mission, vision and current strategic plan;
• Consult with the Executive Director and other assigned staff/consultants;
• Maintain and update an ongoing longer term (3 to 5 year) program outlook for OFT;
• Are expected to hold minimum 6 meetings per year prior to OFT Board meetings;
• Identify funding opportunities and make appropriate recommendations for its successful delivery;
• Ensure sustainability by developing appropriate budgets;
• Ensure ongoing effectiveness and efficiency in management of financial resources from analysis;
• Provide monthly committee updates including prospective projects to the Executive and Board;
• Familiarity with agricultural issues in Ontario, land use planning, and/or farmland stewardship;
• Experience in foundation relationship management and grant writing preferred;
• Have background and/or education in marketing, financial accounting, and fundraising for non-profits;
• Knowledge and understanding of budgeting, financial management, taxation, and book-keeping;
If you are interested in joining the Policy & Education Committee, please contact us!